5 Questions to Help you Overcome Your Fears & Find Your Dharma
For 25 years, I held back. I didn't let anyone know that I was passionate about music & singing, not even my mom. I worried, 'What if I'm like one of those people who goes on American idol thinking they're kickass singers but they actually suck balls and everyone thinks they're a fool?" #humiliation In The Great Work for Your Life, I read that you must either live your dharma or it will destroy you. (Your dharma is your life purpose or calling.) I was 25 years old and I felt like my soul was withering away, controlled by fear and missing out on life. In September 2014, I started breaking the bars of my fear-cage, facing one fear at a time. If you're desperate to start overcoming your fears and start living the life of your dreams, you have to start by getting clarity around your priorities. What desire inside you is greater than your fear? // Chamonix
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS (THEY HELPED ME):
1. What makes your eyes sparkle with joy?
2. If you found out you were going to die in 1 day/ 1 year, what would you spend your day/year doing?
3. What do you do that other people think is weird, annoying, obsessive, OTT?
4. What did you do for fun as a kid?
5. What would you happily do everyday for free?
BOOKS TO READ
The Great Work of Your Life: A Guide for the Journey to Your True Calling by Stephen Cope
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by PhD Hendricks Gay
The Sacred Six by JP Glossinger